Aug 23, 2009

One Tiny Victory for the Domestic Engineer

I don't know about you but it drives me nuts when I open my curtains and the material gets stuck on the rod, therefore causing the rod to slide out past the bracket. And of course, when you slide the curtain closed the rod does not go back to its original place. So even though I am a tall person I have to grab a stool and push the stupid rod back in place. Generally, the dumb things stay closed because of this. Today, I had enough! I want to open my freakin' curtains without all this hassle. I was trying to think of way to fix this and when I was cleaning out my craft crap I came across some Pop-dots...ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Pop-dots are basically round, thin dots of glue you can find at Wally world, target, and craft stores. I stuck one dot on the underside of the rod on each side and placed the rod back in the bracket, sandwiching the pop-dot between the rod and the bracket. Voila! That suckers not moving now. Muahahahah!!!!

No comments: