Aug 20, 2009

I have begun playing the CVS game!

I posted before that I was planning my assault on CVS and I think my bf and I started out okay. I did make several trips in one weekend and to put up with jokes from my hubby, but IDC (I don't care - how'd you like that? Just made it up because I'm a lazy writer!)

Here's my multitude of trips (Do NOT say one word to me about my gas guzzler! My CVS is less than 2 miles away and I'm still on track to only fill up 1x in 2 weeks.)

1st trip
Dropped off 2 prescriptions and used KMART pharmacy q to receive a $25 store gift card for each transferred prescriptions.

2nd trip:
BF and I went together to keep each on track and keep our plans straight. We both have crappy short term memories so in the future we will have to write out our plans. Basically, we tried to purchase the cheapest items that would also pay out ECBs.

We went late Saturday night, near closing time, since there would be as few people in the store as possible to witness our folly. We asked a very nice employee a few questions before we started on our adventure. Ms Red, as I will call her, was helpful. It really was taking a while to shop, but we wanted to get this just right. Ms Red came over and asked if we needed help finding anything. She also told us that even though the new ad prices for Sunday were switched in the computer, the ECBs won't print. This threw a serious monkey wrench in our game plan so we had to take a few more minutes to work out a different strategy. This will also result in another trip to CVS. The Manager then came over (we were the only people in the store) to remind us that the store was closing soon and it wasn't in the most friendly-I-love-my-job kind of manner. Yes, Mrs Crappy Customer Service, we are aware. Now, go away. Finally, we check out. I got Ms Red and BF gets Mrs Crappy Customer Service, who again mentions the store is closing. DUH! Ms Red said nothing to me but Mrs Crappy Customer Service told BF very rudely that her ExtraCare card needs to be given before items are scanned. Since we are new to this, we didn't realize the grave importance of giving our ExtraCare card before scanning our items! Whatever! Presenting the card before or after your items are scanned doesn't truly matter in the grand scheme of things as long as the item rings up for the right price in the end!
As soon as BF finished her transaction, the manager rounded the counter and was locking the door. I guess it was very important that the store close 4 minutes early. Must be nice to get paid to not work.
Anyways here is what I got:
1 Nutrashield sunscreen lotion $8.99 - $2q
1 Bic Soleil Bella razors $6.99 - $2q
$13.26 OOP
Got back $2 ECB for next purchase
Paid as credit to get $1.50 in Upromise account for the Soleil razors

3rd trip
Dropped off new prescription for hubby and receive $10 gift card using Target Rx q
Using no coupons for my remaining purchases, I think I did pretty well. No using qs is against my personal philosophy. Ms Red was here and helped me with my seperate transactions.

1st trans
1 pk paper mate pens $.99
1 filler paper $.99
1 recycled school box $1.99
- $2 ECB
$2.29 OOP on gift card
Got back $3.97 in ECB

2nd trans
1 pk paper mate pens $.99
1 filler paper $.99
1 recycled school box $1.99
- $3.97 ECB
$.32 OOP on gift card
Got back $3.97 in ECB

3rd trans
1 headphones $6.99
-$3.97 ECB
$3.58 OOP on gift card
Got back $6.99 ECB

4th trans
1 headphones $6.99
-$6.99 ECB
$.56 OOP on gift card
No ECB back but I needed two sets of headphones

4th trip on Tuesday
4 Johnson & Johnson To Go 1st Aid Kits $.99 - (4)$1 qs
$.32 OOP on gift card
Got back $4 ECB for next purchase

Not the greatest deals but I'm happy overall as long as I don't have to deal with Mrs Crappy Customer Service often. :-)

No comments: