Aug 23, 2009

P.O.'ed at Publix!

I am so amazingly ticked off due to my experience at Publix today! I didn't have a huge shopping list since we are pretty well stocked but everywhere I turned, the items I wanted were out of stock 3 WHOLE DAYS before their current sale ad ends!!!!! I had to get rain checks for 4 different items. I needed these items today not days from now. I even went to two different stores! At the first store, I pulled a "Frank," and left my buggy in the middle of the store - groceries and all and walked out. My papaw, Frank, is notorious for doing this in Wally world. The customer service clerk also told me she had no coupon booklets, as I am staring straight at the Fuel for School booklets. Um, okay... Sugar Honey Iced Tea!!!!!

The second store was stupidly busy and was almost sold out of as many things as the first store. Then my cashier treated me like a criminal because I had coupons. She wouldn't ring any of my groceries up until I gave her my qs. WTF? Then she proceeds to lay each and every q out on the counter and then rings my items. The people waiting behind me in line were soooooo mad! They were speaking another language so at least I couldn't understand what they were saying about me. I guess Publix also has a new rule that you can't use more than one penny item per transaction, even though I just did this last weekend! I really wanted 2 of the penny items since they were paper towels. I got a little revenge on my cashier when I made her void the dog snacks I got because she wouldn't let me stack the $1/2 mfr q and the $2/1 redeem only at Publix mfr q to make them FREE. She looked at me like I was the crazy one. Kiss my butt girlie.
AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It was not a good couponing day overall. The only thing that made it better was commiserating with my bf - you rock girl!

Here's what I did end up getting:
1 Romaine Hearts $2.99
1 Santitas corn tortilla chips
3 Starkist tuna pouches BOGO @ $1.60ea
Banana $1.77
2 Armour Lunchtrays for kids since they were good for me $1ea
1 - ugh - Publix paper towel roll $1.34
1 Kraft 2% Milk Cheddar Cheese shredded $2.79
3 Hillshire Farm Lunchmeats $3.99ea
1 Bartels and James wine coolers $3.99
1 Publix Half and Half $3.39
2 Mrs Pauls Fish Sticks/Fillets $3.99
1 half gallon Publix OJ
2 Natures Own bread BOGO $1.74ea

Here's my qs:
1 Publix penny q
$5/25 Riteaid
$5/30 Publix home mailer
$1/2 Natures Own bread Publix advantage (yellow) flyer
$1/3 Target Starkist tuna pouches
$1/1 Starkist tuna pouch from bottle water pkg
$.50/1 Starkist tuna pouch IP (doubled)
(2) $3/1 Mrs Pauls Fish IP
$1/1 Salty Snacks wyb Bartels and James wine coolers (was attached to the wine coolers)
$1/1 Kraft shredded cheese IP and there is a rebate for the purchase price so I just made $1 and got FREE cheese
(3) $1/1 Target q Hillshire Farm deli meat
(3) $.55/1 Hillshire Farm deli meat
$3 off $10 any deli purchase FLIP
Rebate tear pad for FREE lunch bag wyb 3 Hillshire Farm deli meats

I only spent $25.35 but saved $41.73. Actually, I saved more than that if you count my two rebates!

Links to qs:
http://www.starkist.com/ play the game and then print a q
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/view.php?pg=cpngenerator (Target starkist and hillshire farm)
http://www.southernsavers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/flip-6-10-01.pdf (FLIP off deli purchase)
http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=QR7W6QB5B2VPW use zip code 30013 for Mrs Pauls q
http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13306&zid=iq37&nid=10&bid=alk0823150817a4f33b46d20912 Riteaid $5/25

I see that Harris Teeter is having a Super Doubles event next week, so I am hoping to take advantage of that. Their store would be a drive for me but if there are good deals then its worth the gas. Anybody wanna car pool?

No comments: