Feb 8, 2010

Weekly Totals 2/5


I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl.
Our family didn't watch - not even the commercials.
Yikes! Don't stone us too quickly.
We are trying to cut out some of our T.V. viewing and we aren't big football fans.

I'm a little behind posting my weekly totals, but I found two receipts I had lost.
Better late than never!

My 1st lost receipt was from a quick trip I had to make when we got back in town last Sunday evening.  I wasn't able to go Friday as planned so this trip was short and sweet. We couldn't face the week without coffee, half and half, or bread!

Purchased:
Px Half and Half
Px Special Roast Coffee
Arnold Bread ($.35/1 peelie)
Org Retail: $8.95
Price Paid: $7.95 (the bread was on Advantage Buy)

Bi-Lo: HERE
Org Retail: $16.81
Price Paid: $2.53

Px Trip #2: HERE
Org Retail: $50.55
Price Paid: $10.02

Px Trip #3
8 lbs Ground Chuck
(Used (4) $1 off 2lbs Beef Px Yellow Advantage coupon exp 2/5)
(2) $.99 Hallmark Valentine Cards
(Used (2) Hallmark tearpad coupons for $.99 off 1 card)
Hallmark Anniversary Card for my parents - Happy 27th Anniversary!
(Used Hallmark tearpad coupon for $.99 off 1 card)
(2) A-1 10oz bottles - Raincheck
(Used $1 off (2) A-1 mfr coupon)
(Stacked (2) $1 off beef wyb (1) A-1 tearpad cpns I was hording from last summer!)
Rite-Aid $5/$20
Org Retail: $38.83
Price Paid: $14.98

I actually had delusions of granduer to purchase more ground chuck but was told that my store will no longer allow multiple transactions in one visit in order to use the $5 off $20 or similar coupon on each transaction.

Lesson of the Day: It couldn't hurt to check with customer service and ask if there have been any coupon policy changes before you place your buggy full of groceries on the check out counter!  It's a tab embarrassing when you have to tell the cashier you do not want to purchase those items any longer, but I'm not gonna let a little thing like embarrassment trap me into getting less than the best deal available on groceries.

Org Retail for the Week: $115.14
Total Paid: $35.48
Savings: 76%

No comments: