Feb 12, 2010

Penny Experiment Donation 2/11


I took my young niece and nephew with me yesterday to drop off my 2nd donation for the Penny experiment at Helping Hands.

I was trying to explain what a food bank was and I think I was confusing them more so I ended with, "Sometimes people don't have enough money to pay for food so this place helps them feed their families."
They were satisfied with that answer but didn't understand why people couldn't afford to eat - that's a story for another day, my dears.

I was able to chat for a few minutes with two of the office staff and spread the message about the Great American Coupon.  I don't know if they're completely convinced, but I know for sure they are going to get some FREE Country Crock butter from Publix this week!

Here are some pics from my visit:




I donated 65 lbs of groceries today!



After adding up the purchases from my 1st Penny Experiment donation and this trip my totals are:

Org Retail: $248.39
Price Paid: $38.19
Saved: 85%

This total doesn't even include all the FREE samples I get in the mail or the FREEBIES I pick up when I do my regular grocery shopping!

I hope you consider picking up FREE or cheap items when you go to the store to donate to your local food bank. Every penny makes a big difference!

Happy Shopping and Saving!


1 comment:

Leah said...

I think I could learn a thing or two from you, even after 20 years of couponing :) Way to go! Come visit my blog and get in on my Mahatma Rice Give-away - the odds are really good right now :)