Aug 15, 2009

Quick Hitter!

I have been checking out all the fun I could have at CVS, so I have been biding my time and making my plan of attack for my first visit with my Bestie later tonight.

Step one: Get a ExtraCareCare and add the number to my Upromise account.

Step two: Take my 2 prescriptions to CVS and use a KMART coupon good for a $25 gift card per transferred prescription. It expires today and I hate to see FREE money go to waste. CVS takes all other competitor pharmacy prescription transfer coupons. I do dabble in the prescription transfer game and normally, I sell my FREE gift cards on ebay to earn extra spending money. I think though I will keep my newly acquired CVS gift cards totaling $50 and see how far I can stretch them before I have to pay anything OOP at CVS. I h ave heard some tall tales from other CVSers saying they can go months on a $5.00 gift card. If that's true I should be able to use mine for years!

I had time to kill while I was waiting for my prescriptions so I headed over to Target to check out the clearance items. This is one of my favorite things to do! There wasn't too much of a selection today, but I remembered I wanted some more of the Auro socks for my daughter, I needed chalk for our To Do Board at home, and hand sanitizer to complete my son's school supply list. Here's how I did:

Crayola Chalk box of 12 $.64
4 pack Auro socks $4.99
2oz Purell Hand sanitizer $1.37
-$2.00 mfr q on socks towards any school supplies
-$.50 mfr q off Purell
-$.50 mfr q off Auro socks (from previous purchase of these socks - q was inside pkg)
Total due $4.56 after tax
Used gift card from previous purchase
Paid NOTHING OOP and have $.44 left on my gift card - guess I'll have to treat myself to a candy bar next trip! Yeah Me!!

Step Three: Check the flyer for next week's sales, grab my coupons, and plan my visit to CVS to start rolling my Extra Care Bucks!

2 comments:

Gitasan said...

I think I do the same thing...check out the clearance aisle at Target! I love it when I can stack my coupons! Makes it more fun and like a game. thanks for the blog

DJ said...

Yeah! My first blog comment! THANK YOU!