Aug 15, 2009

Great Savings at Target!

I heard a rumor there was a $2.00 off school supplies q on Auro brand socks at Target. The boy needed socks and my girlie needed to cross 2 items on her back to school list. I figured as long as the socks weren't ridiculously expensive, I could end up with a decent deal. So off to Target I went with my kiddos and my newly organized coupon binder.

Target:
Auro girls socks $4.99 ($.50q inside on next purchase and $2.00 off this purchase of school supplies)
2 small fun-size bags M&M's $2.04ea (on teacher's wish list to use as rewards in class)
1 3 Musketeers single candy bar $.69ea
1 Loreal lip gloss clearance $3.84
1 Kotex 16ct (found in travel section) $1.02
2 Pocket 3 prong folders $.15ea
1 Clipboard $.99
- Used these coupons: $1/2 Target M&Ms or Snickers Funsize & $2 MFR Q off any M&M or Snickers funsize candy bag, FREE Candy Bar q from Free Chocolate Fridays - see link below, $2 Any Loreal Cosmetic q, $1 any Kotex (I keep the box top for my daughter's school and then donate the liners to local shelter), $2 off schools supplies, and $5 gift card from previous purchase.
$14.73 with tax before qs
$8.69 in qs
$5.00 gift card
Only paid $1.04 OOP!!!! (out of pocket)

You can see above that several of my qs enabled me to get several items for FREE or for pennies. A few of my qs had overages that helped bring my overall total down as well. An example of this would be the $2.00 off school supplies. The Q didn't require any minimum purchase amount to receive the discount. Since I only purchased $1.29 in what would be considered traditional school supplies, the remaining $.71 helped pay for the socks!!!
I like a good "bang" for my buck, so don't forget I also got a Box Top off the Kotex and something for charity! Even a yummy candy bar to reward myself for my shopping savvy. Go ME!

Don't forget about FREE Chocolate Fridays! Quick to fill out and you'll get a coupon in the mail to use later!
https://secure.realchocolate.com/

No comments: