Sep 6, 2009

Stocking up and saving big!

I had several trips today to stock up on some more meat and frozen pizzas. The childroids even came with me since DH went to enjoy some golf. After threatening to disown them if they even so much as thought about misbehaving, they acted very well for me and were rewarded with some FREE gummy Lifesavers.

If you haven't been to Food Lion yet to take advantage of the sales they have on meat, you need to go now. This sale ad ends 9/8 and I walked out of the store with some awesome deals!
3 - 10lb bags of chicken leg quarters at $.39lb = $3.90ea bag
1 - frozen salmon fillets sale price $4.19
1 - frozen flounder fillets sale price $4.19
2 - Carolina Pride sausage sale price $2.50ea
1 - McCormick red pepper flakes sale price $1.29
1 - McCormick paprika sale price $1.09
1 - fresh strawberries BOGO $2.50ea
1 - half gallon Food Lion oj sale price $2
Q's I used:
$5/$20 meat FLIP
(2) $1/1 McCormick spices
$1/1 strawberries FLIP
$1/1 Food Lion oj FLIP
$1.50/2 Carolina Pride sausage
$21.96 OOP and saved $25.15! That's a ton of chicken!

I traveled a few minutes up the road to Kmart because I found some BOGO Dentyne gum qs when we were at Food Lion and I also had a q for Lifesavers. I knew all these items would be free with their doubles deal and I wanted to reward the kids for being good.
8 pks Dentyne gum $1.19ea
1 bag Lifesavers gummies $1.79
Q's I used:
4 BOGO Dentyne gum
1 $1/1 bagged Lifesavers candy
$.09 OOP!!!! Tax only ba-bee and got a catalina q for $5/$50 onyo!

One more trip. Bi-Lo had a couple of items I wanted. I struck out on the Honey Bunches of Oats - sold out, but still got a good deal on frozen pizzas.
4 DiGiorno pizzas $6.59ea
4 Southern Home pizzas (bi-lo brand) $5.17ea
2 Mentos gum $1.35ea
Q's I used:
(4) $1/1 DiGiorno pizza
(4) FREE bilo brand pizza wyb national brand
(2) $.55/1 Mentos gum
$23.42 OOP and saved $26.88! I thought the DiGiorno pizzas were on sale 2 for $10. My super friendly cashier double checked and we both agreed we think they are on sale at another store this week. That's ok! I still got an awesome deal on pizza - $2.79ea! Woot, Woot! And the previous customer didn't want her catalinas so the cashier gave them to me. I told you she was a super friendly cashier!

I still haven't been to back to Publix to return my toothpaste. After so much success today, I feel up to the challenge! Cross your fingers for me...

No comments: