Oct 7, 2009

I LOVE rain checks!

Why you ask?

The answer is easy!  So I can make my own sale later!  I went to Publix last night to get rain checks for the Pillsbury Crescent & Sweet Rolls, Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough, and Scrubbing Bubbles.  Publix rain checks are the best because they don't expire for a year (most stores only honor a rain check for a month) and (my store at least) Publix automatically writes your rain check for the maxium quantity (usually 8).  The store only has to be out of one variety of the sale item for you to get a rain check -sweet!  This way you have some time to gather more coupons and get more of the sale items at a great price later on when you need that item again and you don't have to worry about if it's on sale!  Publix will not typically give a rain check on their Advantage Buys, which you find in their Yellow and Green Store Flyers.  These sales run for a month, so they figure you have plenty of time to take "advantage" of that promotion.

I really do LOVE shopping at Publix!  Many people feel they are over priced therefore believing they can't afford to shop there.  That just means they haven't learned how to combine coupons with Publix sale items.  I used to think that way as well, but I'm glad I have seen the error of my ways.  I really can't imagine going back to Wally World to do my regular grocery shopping anymore.  I cringe at the very thought of it!  I love walking into my Publix and not instantly being overwhelmed by the assault of color and noise that is associated with that "other" store.  Enough soap box.  Let's get to the good stuff!  Here's how my trip went last night at Publix:

(2) Healthy Choice Frozen Dinners
(1) Nestle Tollhouse Mini Chocolate Chip cookie dough
(4) Fancy Feast Cat food appetizer
(10) Green Giant frozen veggies
(4) Publix reuseable cooler bags - I was stoked that I found some of these!  I really didn't want to get anymore of the $.99 bags and they didn't have any of the Halloween ones left. Boo. (Get it? It's a Halloween pun and a feeling?  I know.  I'm a dork...Gheez.)

OOP was $.77 baby!  I only had to pay tax and the cashier couldn't enter my last two coupons because my total can't be a negative!  Fine by me!  I'll save those coupons for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too love publix. I never understand when people say it is overpriced. I can get great deals in a nice atmoshphere with good produce.