Jan 21, 2010

My 1st Penny Experiment Purchase



If you haven't heard about this neat experiment, you should read this!
I hope you hang around for the rest of the post too.
The goal that's been set is to purchase and donate as much food (and health and beauty items) to local food banks and to pay as little as possible for those items!  It's actually easier than you think.  For us couponers, it's a no brainer and if you're like me, you already pick up the FREE and might as well be FREE items for donation each week when you grocery shop. 

For my first trip participating in the Penny Experiment, I really outdid myself!
The original retail price of my items was $64.89, but I only paid $.10!
Yes, I said TEN CENTS!
Here's a list of what I purchased along with pictures of my purchase and my receipt.


(4) Boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
(3) Travel Size Band Aid kits
(2) Bags Voila Frozen Meals
(2) Boxes Bayer Low Dose Pain Reliever
(2) Boxes Aleve Pain Reliever
(2) Tubes Aquafresh Toothpaste
(4) Bottles Sundown Vitamin Supplements
(2) Boxes Green Giant Frozen Sweet Peas
(2) Boxes Minute Rice
(2) Boxes Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes


I hope you decide to participate as well!

No comments: