Oct 1, 2009

What's In Your Closet?

I was reviewing my monthly totals and grocery store receipts last night and it got me to thinking...um, no comments from the peanut gallery about smelling smoke, thank you.  What do we NOT need to buy for the next 3, 6, 9, or even 12 months?  I have been couponing for about a year, and only seriously for the last 6 months.  In that time, I have been able to take advantage of some great triples and doubles events and I noticed that I had accumulated quite a stockpile, growing to the point that I am running out of space to store stuff!  I was wondering what you had stockpiled but, I also want to know what do you HAVE to buy each week, no matter what?

For at least the next 3, 6, or even 9 months we are stockpiled on these items:

FOOD
Eggo Waffles
Assorted types of breakfast bars
Cereal (more like 2 months!)
Coffee-mate creamer
Chicken Leg quarters
Assorted snacks (cookies & cheeze-its)
Capri-suns
Rice
Flour
McCormick Salt and Pepper
DiGiorno Frozen Pizzas
Cole's Garlic Bread
Bagels
Popscicles
Premade Hamburger patties
Planters Trail Mix
Assorted Varities Pasta Noodles
Pop-tarts
G2 Powdered Drink Mix
Mac & Cheese
Salad Dressing
Mustard
Ketchup
Butter
Fruit Snacks
Pickles
Frozen Breaded Chicken Patties
Cake Mix and Frosting
Jelly and Peanut Butter
BBQ Sauce
Syrup
Salsa
Aluminum Foil
Ziploc Bags
Napkins

CLEANING SUPPLIES
Swiffer mop and duster refills
Wood/Furniture Polish
Febreeze
Windex & various other cleaners and air fresheners
Laundry Detergent
Softener
Baking Soda
Bleach
Dryer Sheets
Magic Eraser


PETS
Canned Dog Food
Canned Cat Food
Dry Dog Food
Dry Cat Food
Cat Litter
We have plenty of grass for the dog to do his business!
Dog Treats

HEALTH & BEAUTY
Lotion
Soap & Body Wash for all 4 in our household
Shampoo and Conditioner
Mens and Womens Razors
Hand Soap
Mouthwash for adults and kids
Floss
Extra toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Nail Polish
Mascara
Eye Shadow
Blush
Make up remover and sponges (for foundation)
Nail Files
Nail Clippers
Shaving Gel
Mens and Womens Deoderant
Toilet Paper


Weekly we have to buy the following:
Milk
Lettuce or salad mix
OJ
Half & Half
Fresh Fruit
Sliced or Shredded Cheese
Fresh Veggies (if we are out of frozen)
Meat (if we don't have anything stockpiled or want a treat!)


What's in your closet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have plenty of: cereal, pasta sides, rice sides, potato mixes, snack bars, ketchup, salad dressing, coffee, soup, cake mix and frosting, cookie mix, peanut butter, jelly.
Every week I buy: bread, eggs, milk, fresh fruit and veggies, fresh meat.
I'm actually thinking, "Hey, maybe I need to stop stockpiling and we should eat this stuff!" Hmmmmm...interesting idea.
But I get such a high after shopping and saving so much!

DJ said...

that's my hubbie's thoughts too. "are we gonna actually eat this stuff?" LOL!

Anonymous said...

DJ I am so glad you posted about your stockpile. I went thru and cleaned out the bathroom stockpile and organized everything. Found out I only had 2 bottles of shampoo! Bring on the shampoo qs...how did this happen...Devon