Oct 23, 2009

Weekly Totals 10/23

This week I got the closest to my goal of only spending $50.00 a week on groceries and health and beauty items.  I probably would have made it, but I did get some extras like chocolate milk and diapers for an upcoming baby shower.  So all in all, I'm feeling pretty good about my purchases this week.  OH! And I almost forgot to share my great news!  I opened my mailbox yesterday to find a $100 gift card to Publix!  Isn't that exciting?  I entered a drawing over the summer and had totally forgotten about it!  What a nice surprise! I never win contests and sweepstakes!
Publix (2 trips)
(2) Publix soft mints candy - Hello, stocking stuffers!
(1) Apples bagged
(1) Px Hamburger buns
(2) Eight O' Clock coffee
(1) Gallon Px OJ
(1) Half Gallon Hood Chocolate Milk
(2) boxes Oreo cakesters
(2) Progresso bread crumbs
(1) pkg Strawberries
1.85lbs Bananas
(2) Hormel Chili (for hot dogs)
(1) Px cream cheese
(4) Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies/rice
(1) Px plain yogurt

Before sales and coupons: $57.53
After sales and coupons: $20.54

Lowe's
(1) Flapper for running toilet

Before sales and coupons: $4.95
After sales and coupons: $0.00 - no coupons, but I used gift card I got as a rebate!

CVS
(1) Flex-a-min joint supplement (for the achy runner)

Before sales and coupons: $19.99
After sales and coupons: $0.00 - $4 IP and used gift card I got when I transferred a Rx!

Night at the Movies for me and the kiddies
(3) FREE tickets to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Since we went in the evening, I had to pay a total of $2.25 overage for tickets (YIKES! $9.75 for adult movie ticket!) since the free tickets were only worth up to $7.50.  I had a feeling this would be the case so I came prepared.
(1) 18oz Coke from Walgreens = $1.01
(1) Small Popcorn = $1 (Tuesdays is $1 popcorn with your Regal Crown Club Card)

Before savings and coupon: $27.26
After savings and coupon: $4.26, but actually I paid NADA! I used a Mastercard gift card from a rebate! GO ME! And, I got a FREE movie ticket for accumulating enough points with my Regal Crown Club!

Food Lion (2 trips)
(12) Glade candle holders and refills
(12) Friskies Naturals Sensations Cat treats (donation to Animals Living Life)
(2) Pork Loins (we cut these in half to make perfect portion sizes for our family of 4)
(2) Kool-aid Jammers 12cts
(1) Nabisco Multi Pack
(1) Scott Papertowels 6ct
(2) McCormick Chili seasoning packets
(1) McCormick Cream of Tarter
(2) Huggies sz 3 diapers (I'm invited to a baby shower next month)
(8) Bar S hot dogs (we have hot dog night regularly and I didn't feel too bad about getting so many when I saw a previous customer had wiped out more than I did)
(2) Food Lion hamburger buns
(4) Campbells cooking soups
(4) Banana Nut Cheerios w/ bonus box tops

Before sales and coupons: $177.48
After sales and coupons: $33.95 and I now have 2 Turkey Tokens!

So what are my grand totals for this week?
Before sales and coupons: $287.21
After sales and coupons: $54.49
81% savings!!!!

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Saving!

1 comment:

PalmettoStateSaver said...

Awesome - Awesome - Awesome! Great job girl!