Oct 19, 2009

Save the Earth and Your $$$ Using Reusable Shopping Bags!

We have all stocked up on FREE reusable shopping bags at Publix lately, so now don't forget them when you go to Target!  Why?  Because you will save $.05 for each bag you bring!  No kidding!  I read on other blogs about shoppers already receiving this discount in other parts of the country and was waiting patiently for our stores to start (cricket, cricket..).  Well, it's finally here!  After I looked over my receipt from the Summerville store, I saw a note at the bottom reminding me to bring my reusable bags next time.  Check your local stores to see if they are set up now to give this discount.  If your store has the reusable bags next to the plastic bags in the cashier's bagging area, chances are you are good to go!  Don't forget, only a friendly reminder is in order if you don't notice your discount being applied.  With the holidays around the corner, try to be extra nice and friendly to your cashiers.  Kill 'em with kindness!

Happy Saving!

No comments: