Sep 18, 2011

*Update* Wal-mart Doubles Coupons!


In an effort to compete with local grocery stores that offer double coupons everyday, Wal-mart's in the Charleston, SC area are doubling coupons all the time as part of their new competitor price matching policy.

Here's the details:
You must ASK the cashier to double your coupons before ringing up your merchandise
No restrictions on the number of coupons per visit
Will double coupons that are valued up to $.99
You can either price match or double your coupons - not both

I did a test run today to see how it went and I was very surprised.
My cashier was very friendly and helpful when explaining the new rules which are posted at each register.

Today thru Tuesday our local stores are tripling coupons with values up to $.99.

I was able to purchase (4) 3 ct of Cascade dishwasher pacs at $.97ea for FREE with overage today.
I had (4) $.50/1 Cascade coupons (no size restrictions)
The register will not allow the cashier to enter the coupon for more than the value of the item when doubling or tripling so this is how it worked.
(4) Cascade action packs 3ct scanned for an adjusted price of $0.00
This accounted for a doubled $.50/1 coupon
Then the cashier scanned my coupons for $.50/1 giving me $2.00 overage
That accounted for my "triple."

A little confusing, but the math works out and if you only need a few things I believe it is worth it.
Like I said, my cashier was very nice and helpful which entices me to come back again.

Check your local Wal-mart to see if they are participating!
Here is a link to look up your store's phone number.




No comments: